Drew lives in the Co Down countryside between Banbridge and Dromore with his wife, Linda, and pet Labrador, Tess. He has grown up children, now at university. A former teacher, Drew is accustomed to working with young people – of all ages.
A fully Qualified Member of the Society of Wedding and Portrait Photographers and the National Photographic Society, Drew’s photography is both classic and contemporary.
Drew gained his LSWPP (Licentiate of the Society of Wedding and Portrait Photographers) in 2008 and was awarded ASWPP in 2011 – both in portraiture. He was awarded LPPANI (Licentiate of the Professional Photographers Association of Northern Ireland) in Wedding Photography in 2012.
At Associate standard, images should not only display a high degree of technical ability, but also portray imagination and creativity in execution and presentation. This qualification is held by the top 10% of practitioners.
His friendly, personal but professional approach to family portraiture takes place in your own home or at his house and garden. The time he spends with your family will be fun, enjoyable and rewarding for all members of the family. Wherever the location, you are guaranteed a memorable, fun time and a unique collection of images.
A relaxed approach to wedding photography means that you can enjoy your day in the knowledge that you don’t have to worry about your images. Your album will provide lasting memories and capture the mood, fun, passion and laughter of your special day. Traditional albums and prints complement Drew’s style to ensure that you are able to enjoy, again and again, your marriage and all the memories which make the day so special for you and your family.
Who am I?
My business is about making people feel warm and happy by surrounding them with images and memories of their loving family.
I love the warmth that families have for one another – even when some members are reluctant to show it in front of a photographer! The way they ‘melt’ when I set them at ease – a bit like watching the sun come out from behind a cloud – is something I never tire of witnessing.
When I set up a photograph, I use positions that families would naturally adopt if a stranger with a camera wasn’t in the room with them! I love to use the unique backgrounds in a home that will add emotional attachment to my images.
I believe in…
- natural looking images
- making your portrait experience fun and memorable
- photographing your love and relationships, not just how you look and
what you are wearing
- recording and telling ‘the story of your family’ for your children
- handwritten notes and beautiful surprises
I value your business and your friendship. Expect me to become an honorary member of your family – we won’t shake hands, we’ll hug.
What do I do?
I create meaningful experiences for the family to enjoy….
…. and then dress their walls with their memories and love.
- a baby’s smile
- blue sky with white, fluffy clouds
- birds singing
- peanut butter on toast
- the striped design on a hillside after fields of grass have been rolled in Spring
- the sad look on my dogs face when she can’t go out with me
- trousers with expanding waistlines
- a tidy garden
- cow parsley with white umbrella flowers along a country lane (reminds me of my granny’s house when I was a wee boy)
- Coronation Street and The Aprentice
When I am photographing I like….
- an image that makes one think
- an image the reveals character or a relationship
- an image that is well framed or presented
- an image that is warm and happy – one that I can imagine myself in
Who are you?
- You are probably a mum
- you are proud of your children and enjoy talking about them
- you are not a “mumzilla” (at least no one calls you that to your face!)
- you love to have a bit of fun, especially when the family are all at home
- you’ve been meaning to get a family portrait done “some day” – and that’s where I come in!
“the greatest thing is to love and be loved in return” - Nat King Cole
My clients are people for whom family is important and who want images which reflect not just what they look like or the clothes they wear, but the relationships and love they have for one another.
Thank you so much for capturing our family so perfectly. As you saw, I was really moved seeing them for the first time. Can’t wait to show our parents. You have done an amazing job. Thank you again, any of our friends and family that see your work will be in no doubt who to book for any photography work.